Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tree spirits

One year and a half ago, when I had to pick a name for the mall that was just born on the ashes of Viridian Plaza, I went through the Japanese bestiary and remembered the depiction of the kodama, the Japanese tree spirit, in Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke). I was then lucky enough to find a moderately nice mod-copy version of it in SL, which I bought and scripted. But to the countless people that wanted to buy it, I had to answer that I didn't make it, that the one that is for sale is unscripted, and that my script would not work very well out of Kodama no Ki.

Koenees Karas
made that change :)

He's just released a pack of five kodamas, all of them a bit different from each other.



They're scripted and ready for use. All you have to do is to rezz them and wait a bit; they will move around close to where you rezzed them. If you want them to appear at specific places or within a specific range at specific places, there is a pressettable set in the pack. All kodamas will make a sound and tilt their head if you click on it.

They have been in service in Kodama no Ki for a couple of days now: it's quite easy to spot one :)